Science did it again. Every once in a while, somebody cooks up an interesting experiment about some aspect of everybody´s neighbor normal life and publishes in the consequence an absolute "in your face" result that shocks every parent. I´m not a parent (yet), but I wonder. If my kid is going to be the neigborhood´s ugly duckling, will I be less attentive and giving than I would be if the kid was a future topnotch model? Would you? Really? How can you be sure?

The theory goes like that: You´re automatically more likely to lavish attention to the attractive child because it´s made of the best genetic material. The brothers, sisters weren´t just as lucky. Makes me think, when I look at the sonograms. Then again, I look into the mirror, think of my wife and our life together - and suddenly there´s nothing to worry about anymore. ;-)

Researchers show parents give unattractive children less attention
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Anonymous Anonymous said ... 4/18/2005 09:14:00 PM

wow    



» Post a Comment