We had another appointment with the gynecologist, this time mainly for the results of a trimester-test. Before the test, the chance for a trisomy 21 anomaly was 1:400, now it is somewhere around 1:10000. Good for us, I'm happy we don't have to think about a next step, in case the odds were worse afterwards than before. When we asked about an accoucheuse (midwife), the doctor said there's no need for one before the birth as they can do all the care, check-ups etc. as well, if we wanted one for the first weeks after the birth we could decide that later. I thought midwives have tight schedules and are booked up months in advance - and that the majority of parents utilizes their services. Mentioning the ventricular vestibule septum defect, the doctor said she would check it next month. It's just strange that when I asked first whether it is passed on in the family, she said no and that we shouldn't worry about it. When I made clear that I have had it and not my parents, she changed her mind and wrote it down to check it next time. If it's not passed on genetically, why the change of heart? (no pun intended)

It's already the second time she's acting in an uncertain way. Perhaps we'll find another doctor. I noticed something else, which has nothing to do with her competence as a gynecologist: When shaking hands, she looked elsewhere, but not into my eyes. It gives me the impression she's somewhere else in her mind. If she were Japanese, the missing eye contact wouldn't surprise me as much, but with Germans it is unusual.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment