Surveys on- and offline

June seems to be a good month for surveys. Take this one, if you're a weblogger and have ten minutes to spare. Cameron Marlow, a graduate student at the MIT Media Lab who is studying various aspects of social networks and media contagion needs the survey's results as a part of his PhD thesis - it's up until monday.

Take the MIT Weblog Survey

From the results page, it looks like I started blogging before the bulk (2001-2004) and that I'm with my 28 years younger than the average blogger. For reasons why people blog, there were many who reponded they blog to increase reputation. Who blogs for reputation, people working in technology related fields? Politicians, perhaps?

When I went to the movies last night, two girls from the Institute of Sociology at Heinrich-Heine University asked me to take their survey. One of the questions asked how much I set value to the composition of the audience in my favorite cinema (does that vary at all?) or the supply of snacks. The focus of the survey was something else though, one tenth of the questions centered around Operas, whether I like them or not, how many times I went to the Opera in the last 12 months and why I don't go. Since they don't want to know why people go to the Opera, I got the impression the conductors of the survey assume that either moviegoers don't like Operas or the Deutsche Oper am Rhein cooperates with the Institute of Sociology to find out why people stay away.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment